- The existence of fixed points for monotone maps on spaces of measures is established. The case of monotone Markov processes is analyzed and a uniqueness and global stability condition is developed. A comparative statics result is presented and the problem of approximation to the invariant distribution is discussed. The conditions of the theorems are verified for the cases of Optimal Stochastic Growth and Industry Equilibrium.
- On existence and uniqueness of stationary distributions without continuity / Hugo Hopenhayn, Edward Prescott.
- Stochastic monotonicity and stationary distributions for dynamic economies / Hugo A. Hopenhayn, Edward C. Prescott.
- Invariant distributions for discontinuous monotone Markov processes / Hugo A. Hopenhayn, Edward C. Prescott.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Research Division.
- In Collection:
Downloadable ContentDownload PDF
Download a zip file that contains all the files in this work.