This appendix contains eight sections. Section 1 gives technical details of how we calculate standard errors in the CPS data. Section 2 discusses changes in the ACS procedures before 2005. Section 3 examines demographic and economic patterns in migration over the past two decades, in more detail than in the main paper. Section 4 examines the cross-sectional variance of location-occupation interactions in earnings when we define locations by MSAs instead of states. Section 5 describes alternative methods to estimate the variance of location-occupation interactions in income. Section 6 measures the segregation of industries across states and of occupations and industries across MSAs. Section 7 gives technical details on the use of SIPP and census data to calculate repeat and return migration rates. Section 8 discusses transition dynamics in the model.
- R12 - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity
- J24 - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J11 - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J61 - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics: Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population; Neighborhood Characteristics
- D83 - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Research Department
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- 属于 Collection:
Download a zip file that contains all the files in this work.